This blog is going to document the process of a technical adult moving in with another technical adult (my boyfriend) and living together as grown ups. It will mostly be a running log of our consistent surprise at the rest of the world not quite meeting expectations.




Friday, January 22, 2010

What's cookin', good lookin'? Oh, nothing? ...Oh.

 When I moved out of my house I said I was going to cook as often as possible.

Two nights a week Matt works a second job. My job's schedule is less rigid, and so I am stuck working random nights here and there, if I don't have a nine hour morning shift. One night a week, Matt plays hockey, and dinner is generally skipped. One night a week we're stuck going out, or we decide to go out to spend some time together.

I have made pasta twice, with pre-made sauce from my mother, chicken cutlets once along with pasta, burgers (actually, Matt made those), and hot dogs twice. Other meals included chicken nuggets and french bread pizza. In the last three months. I'm totally sucking! But we're never home! I joined allrecipes.com and made myself an account!

Just in case no one has ever visited that site, click here. It's pretty amazing. You can search through different options, by calorie, food type, how much time it takes to prepare the food, etc.

Tonight, I resolve to actually cook. But first I have to call my mother and ask if the drumsticks I took out of the freezer will be thawed by dinnertime.

1 comment:

  1. I use allrecpies.com all the time! Always read comments that people post, people give good advice or offer ways to make the recipes easier/better.

    ReplyDelete