This blog is going to document the process of a technical adult moving in with another technical adult (my boyfriend) and living together as grown ups. It will mostly be a running log of our consistent surprise at the rest of the world not quite meeting expectations.




Thursday, May 19, 2011

Old, New, Freshly Brewed

When the economy took a suicidal plunge into the toilet, I assumed it wasn't going to affect me because I was fresh out of college.

Obviously, I was very wrong. After several attempts to sign up for substitute teaching in my hometown and neighboring cities, I realized a few key flaws in my plan:
  • It was April; they already had a set list of substitute teachers. 
  • The dozens of teachers who were laid off were immediately put on substitute teaching lists.
  • Schools would rather call them first. 
  • I am never going to get a phonecall. 
So... that didn't work either.

So where am I working now? What am I doing? A college graduate with degree in Literature, working at a certain big-name coffee house, heading back to school in September for a teacher certification because hey, at least's that's a job -- and Christie will be out of office by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment