This blog is going to document the process of a technical adult moving in with another technical adult (my boyfriend) and living together as grown ups. It will mostly be a running log of our consistent surprise at the rest of the world not quite meeting expectations.




Monday, October 5, 2009

But..But I Can't Blog From Inside Someone's Trunk?

I should have known that putting our prospective move-in date down in any sort of written format would cause it to not happen! I'm not really a superstitious person but as I typed up that blog post, I got a gut feeling.

Last Wednesday Matt was supposed to get the keys and sign the lease. What ended up happening was the woman who was supervising the walk through and the lease negotiation was never actually given the keys to the apartment. There was no explanation of where they were, or why, or when she would get them. She did, however, apologize profusely to Matt.

Matt, who is charming in his attempt to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, said she was probably embarrassed about looking unprofessional and was upset someone had made a mistake on their end which caused her to eat her own foot. What was left was that she would call Matt when someone did get the keys to her. When we didn't hear anything from her for the rest of the week or through the weekend, Matt gave her a call.

Surprise! It went straight to voicemail. And her voicemail box? Full. Sketchy, no? I just really hope that this woman is legit. She "took over" responsibility of showing these apartments after the original woman we had spoken with disappeared mysteriously, and the fellow who took over for her was clueless. So technically, this woman is the third person. Am I wrong to have some misgivings? What if she's not actually working for the apartment complex at all? She could have broken into their office, gathered Matt's and my information, called us, and is waiting in a dark alley with a raven on her shoulder for us to sign the lease.

But, beneath the lease, there is a special document under a sheet of carbon paper and surprise again! We signed away our souls. Then we're kidnapped by evil shadow creatures and locked in someone's car until they can dispose of our soulless bodies.

It's a stretch, but I want to cover all bases. Got any garlic and a cross?

1 comment:

  1. That is scary. I am waiting to close on my house and everyone keeps asking why I'm not excited. I think because I keep being told something and it never happens, so now I have my guard up and don't trust when they say I will close on it. Hopefully noone is planning to throw me in a car trunk and dispose of me either, but now that you mention it, I will keep one eye open at night.

    Anyway, I know what you're going through. Wanting to move into a new place so bad, but something keeps coming up stopping you from it. Ho hum

    ReplyDelete