This blog is going to document the process of a technical adult moving in with another technical adult (my boyfriend) and living together as grown ups. It will mostly be a running log of our consistent surprise at the rest of the world not quite meeting expectations.




Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Target is Wonderful

.. and a lot less frightening than IKEA. Though I probably shouldn't poke too much fun at the Swedish wonderland of stuffed rats, meatballs, and particleboard. We are probably getting a dresser and a sofa set from there.

Today's Purchases

This delightful floor lamp

Matt picked out chocolate colored sofas, which means our living room will probably have to brown theme. There are other colors that go with brown, sure -- like green, which is our bathroom. I don't want green all over the entire apartment, though, so I'm thinking blue. Part of me loves the idea, while the more estrogen filled part of me says: "But his brooooother has thaaaaaat, you need something oriiiiiiginal..."

This homey...key holder..thingie..

I didn't pay $60 for it, and I'm pretty sure that's not the exact same thing I picked up at Target today. Mine only has 3 hooks. I paid $30. Hmm.

Lastly, a TV stand.

Rather unhelpfully it has loose shelves with no backing, which are perfect for video game systems.

There was a variety of other objects I found there today that didn't come home with me, but really did want to. Things like:

This entire penguin bathroom collection, this frog wastebasket that actually says "ribbit!" when you throw something away, and this heinously colorful welcome mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment