- buy last minute necessary things : garbage cans, hamper, etc
- buy paint
- buy curtains
Our prospective move-in is approximately a week, after the above gets done.
With essentials squared away, we can start making room and saving for unessentials. Things like decorative wall sconces, art, and the like. People have already started offering suggestions. Some good, some frightening. It's provoked thought. So I have come up with an (incomplete) list of
Things That Will Never Be In Our Apartment
2. Show towels -- or anything for show, for that matter.
3. Precious Moments figurines
4. Tiny wooden plaques that say things like "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!" or "There's a crazy woman inside me - I keep her sedated with chocolate!"
6. Any decor that could be described as "country."
7. Themed salt shakers
8. Flowers (real or plastic)
9. Plastic furniture covers
10. Most knick knacks - including ceramic or crystal animals
12. Tacky coffee mugs with sayins that say "Life's a Beach!" etc
What else? Add!