This blog is going to document the process of a technical adult moving in with another technical adult (my boyfriend) and living together as grown ups. It will mostly be a running log of our consistent surprise at the rest of the world not quite meeting expectations.




Thursday, September 30, 2010

Halloween Decorations


 If people click back to earlier posts they might remember the day I bought these lamps. I took a picture then in my delirious joy of having decorative $3 lamps from CVS. We didn't have an apartment yet. Here was the original pic: 


Almost a year later, and they're nestled up next to my Ecto-1. 


I'm not sure if these are easily visible, but the top ice cube is in the shape of a pumpkin, and the lower one is the shape of a skull. These trays were $1 and they brought me joy. I washed them out before using them since they were, after all, from a $1 store. So hopefully they will just bring me joy, and not salmonella.


I was tempted to get this klassy piece, if only for my boyfriend's reaction, but I'm almost certain it would scare our dog. 


I bought these tall-skinny-metal-canister-face-things-with-candle-inside objects last year, too. They've been sitting in a closet until I brought them out. 

The only other decorations I have thus far are some very pathetic window cling things I got at the $1 store with the trays. They're tacky and reminiscent of grade school cat-lady teacher kitsch decor so I'm not going to bother with uploading them. 

I hope to visit a store that might carry better decorations. Ones that might cost so much as $4 within the week. Stay tuned!

Edit 10/11/10 : Happy Columbus Day! Here's what else I picked up today: 







And some additions made:


See? Pumpkins.



No comments:

Post a Comment