This blog is going to document the process of a technical adult moving in with another technical adult (my boyfriend) and living together as grown ups. It will mostly be a running log of our consistent surprise at the rest of the world not quite meeting expectations.




Monday, September 27, 2010

Yet More Unforeseen Circumstances

A good friend of min gave me a great idea for a blog topic. Before making this move I tried to think of all the possible snags that would appear. I figured thinks like forgetting to water my ONE PLANT, loose hinges, leaks, and running out of milk would happen, but the little things I completely missed out on. I'm compiling a list, but so far here's a few things I did not see coming:

- After washing my hands, I reach for the hand towel hanging behind the sink, but the motion splashes the water from my fingertips onto the wall just a little. I know this because there are singular lines that appear lighter than the rest of the wall; aka: where the water dripped down.

- SOMEONE WHO IS NOT ME splashes the shower curtain with the ferociously spiraling head of the electric toothbrush, so that, right beside the sink, there are snow-like patterns on the chocolate brown drapery.

- Closed curtains = privacy, but abysmal darkness; Open curtains = refreshing sunlight, but people seeing me half dressed.

- It doesn't matter if the dog isn't allowed on the sofa or not, his fur still flies EVERYWHERE.

- I maintain that the cabinets open up after I leave the kitchen. I do not leave them open no matter what Matt says, and unless he has it on video then he's SOL.

- There is someone in the building who enjoys vomiting on the carpeted stairs leading to the exit. I say enjoys because it's happened twice, so far, and the stairs lead to the exit. So instead of stepping outside to empty out the entirety of their stomach (which twice now has appeared to be bird seeds, popcorn, and pasta), they hover over the stairs leading to my apartment and go to town.

- I need multiple reminders to take food out of the freezer so we can eat the next day.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment